Taragarh, also known as Garh Beetli, is a circumvallation of the crest of the hill which overhangs the town of Ajmer and commands a view of it from every point. The principal strength of the fort lies in the ruggedness and acclivity of the hill. The space within the walls of this hill fort was about 32 hectares with several tanks. From 1818 to 1832 A.D., a company of Native Infantry occupied it, but the fort was dismantled in 1832 A.D., from 1860 to 1920 A.D., other accommodation on the hill was used as the sanitarium for the European troops stationed at Nasirabad. It is now in a dilapidated and forlorn state though the hill still commands a majestic view.